New Haven Postcards

Title

New Haven Postcards

Description

The Library's New Haven Postcard Collection consists of approximately 50 postcards of New Haven sites. They range in date from the early 1900's to the 1970's.

Click on the link below to see all of the scanned postcards in this collection.

Items in the New Haven Postcards Collection

New Public Library, New Haven, Conn.<br /><br />
The New Haven Free Public Library at 133 Elm Street, designed by Cass Gilbert and completed in 1911.

Chapel Square, New Haven, Conn.
Interior of the Chapel Square Mall, completed in 1965.

Green, New Haven, Connecticut
View toward the northeast showing buildings along Church Street and part of Elm Street. The building on the far right is Federal Courthouse and Post Office (1917). To its left is the Powell Building (1921); the high-rise in the center is the New…

Green, New Haven, Connecticut
View toward the northeast showing buildings along Church Street and part of Elm Street. The white building on the far right is Federal Courthouse and Post Office (1917). To its left are the Powell Building (1921), City Hall (1861), The New Haven…

Green, New Haven, Connecticut
View toward the northeast showing buildings along Church Street and part of Elm Street. The white building on the far right is Federal Courthouse and Post Office (1917). To its left are the Powell Building (1921), City Hall (1861), The New Haven…

Judges&#039; Cave, West Rock Park, New Haven, Conn.
Judges Whalley and Goffe hid here in 1661 after signing the death warrant of England's Charles I.

Sterling Memorial Quadrangle, Yale University, New Haven, Conn.
Built as a dormitory for Trumbull College and finished in 1930.

Court, Sterling Law School, Yale University, New Haven, Conn.
The law school was designed by James Gamble Rogers and completed in 1931.

Wrexham Tower, Harkness Memorial Quadrangle, Yale University, New Haven, Conn.
View looking northwest from Branford Court. The Quadrangle was completed in 1921.

Courtyard at Davenport College, Yale University, New Haven, Conn.
Named after New Haven founding father John Davenport, the Georgian Colonial buildings forming the courtyard were completed in 1933.