Browse Items (573 total)

35000096229298.jpg
A view of the New Haven Green. Center Church and the steeple of Trinity Church are visible in the background.

35000096229280.jpg
The Brewster Building, at the southeast corner of State and Chapel Streets. The clock tower of the railroad depot, designed by Henry Austin and completed in 1849, is visible on the left.

35000096229272.jpg
Banners for James A. Garfield, Chester A. Arthur, Hobart B. Bigelow, and William H. Bulkeley hang over an unpaved street. One building has a marker reading "Cutler's Corner," which was at the southeast corner of Church and Chapel Streets.

35000096229264.jpg
An Italianate house beyond a gate and stone wall. A handwritten note with the photo reads "The Massena Clark House, 474 Whitney Ave, built about 1860, c 1897."

35000096752976.jpg
The New Haven Free Public Library during construction, from Elm Street. Several men, some wearing workclothes and some wearing suits, are in front and looking toward the camera.

35000096752992.jpg
The New Haven Free Public Library during construction, from Elm Street. Two men are on the roof working on the balustrade.

35000096752968.jpg
The Ives building during construction, near the intersection of Temple and Elm Streets. A car and horse-drawn wagon are visible on the left.

35000096752950.jpg
The Ives building during construction, near the intersection of Temple and Elm Streets.

35000096752943.jpg
The reading room on the east side of the building, after the walls and ceilings were plastered and crown moldings installed.

35000096752935.jpg
Partially finished walls of the New Haven Free Public Library, from Temple Street.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2