Browse Items (629 total)

Exterior of the Church of the Messiah at 272 Orange Street, designed by David Russell Brown.

Located on the New Haven Green. Designed by Ithiel Town and completed in 1814, it was one of the first Gothic Revival churches in the United States.

Rooftop view looking West from the corner of Chapel and State Streets.

Exterior of a house at 311 Crown Street. Handwritten below the photo is "Yale Bicentennial, October, 1901." A banner with "Yale '92" and several smaller banners with the letter "Y" are visible.


Rooftop view overlooking State Street. Some signs are visible in the foreground, including one reading "Lucius Gilbert."

Rooftop view looking toward Orange and Center Streets. The building in the center is the Loomis Temple of Music, a piano and organ dealer.

Exterior of the St. Francis Orphan Asylum. The orphanage was founded in 1854 as St. Mary's Orphan Asylum. This building on Highland Street opened to residents in 1876.

Exterior of New Haven High School at the corner of Orange and Wall Streets. This building was the former Lancasterian School, and housed the New Haven High School from 1863 to 1871, when it was demolished and the James Hillhouse High School was built…


A view across the New Haven Green toward the northwest, with Center Church in the center.

The Shoreline Railroad Bridge from north of Grand Avenue in Fair Haven. Built across the Quinnipiac River in 1852, it was also known as "the tin bridge" because of its construction of wood covered in tin.


Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2