Trinity Church, New Haven, Connecticut

Title

Trinity Church, New Haven, Connecticut

Description

Located on the New Haven Green. Designed by Ithiel Town and completed in 1814, it was one of the first Gothic Revival churches in the United States. The pyramid-shaped structure on top of the tower was added in 1870 when the original wooden tower was replaced with a stone one, and was removed in 1930.

Source

New Haven Free Public Library, Local History Room, Photograph Collection, barcode number 35000094361432, 1 photograph; b & w; 4 3/4 X 7 3/4 in.

Publisher

New Haven Free Public Library

Date

2010

Contributor

Library Connection Inc.; New Haven Free Public Library

Rights

Digital Image © New Haven Free Public Library. All rights reserved. Image may be used for personal research or educational use without prior permission. For request to publish or exhibit, contact New Haven Free Public Library.

Identifier

35000094361432

Coverage

New Haven, Connecticut

Files

35000094361432.jpg

Collection

Citation

“Trinity Church, New Haven, Connecticut,” New Haven Free Public Library Digital Collections, accessed June 27, 2017, http://nhfpl.omeka.net/items/show/333.